Hello and welcome to part two of Fabulous Introverts!
http://www.newmen.eu/pigils/niodjr/66 I hope you’re doing good and enjoying the series so far?
So far we’ve covered the intro, the personality test itself, and today we’re going to look at how you can apply your personality traits into everyday life. After all, it’s all well and good knowing how you work, but applying this is the hard/exciting part. If you missed the first part, go back here now. Make sure to do the test (your homework!)
So, depending on your result, as I mentioned before I’m going to focus on the introverts out there. This is just because I tend to relate better to introverts and I am one myself 🙂 Being an anxiety sufferer myself it really helps to find others who ‘get’ me, and who I get along well with.
http://bti-defence.com/language/en/esp/ The first step is to consider all of the good points to your personality.
To do this, use the first page (introduction page) on 16 Personalities to do so. You’ll notice that you can continue reading in more depth later on. Right now though I want to keep things simple with you. Focusing on the overall view right now is what we’re aiming for.
Here are some of the points I picked out from this page for an INFJ personality (me):
– Helping others is my purpose in life, that is not just ideas, but actionable goals set into action
– I make connections with other people very easily (possibly considered extroverted), but still need alone time to recover
– I get caught up in my passions, sometimes to the detriment of my own wellbeing
– My personality means I can make the world a better place (but must consider myself, too)
As you can see, all four of these points have both negatives and positives. Right now we’re going to focus on your strong points. You might find this hard to start off with as it’s much easier to find fault than positivity, but spend some time doing this.
If it helps, grab that notebook and pen so you can make some notes (recommended). If it makes it easier for you, printing out week 1 might help so you can highlight the important bits.
So what did you come up with? Do you need some ideas? Here are some I picked out over the various personality traits:
- You are willing to take up any challenge and have an abundance of energy
- You are proactive and thrive on experience rather than theory
- Your imagination allows you an abundance of theories and fantasies, so much so you feel detached to the world sometimes
- Maybe you are enriched by objects, sounds and smells around you
- You can read between the lines very easily and require facts and figures to validate
- You have a very rational sense of being, relying on your head rather than heart
- You are very much in tuned with your emotional side which makes you compassionate and likeable
- You are always planning for the worst, but in your eyes, this is normal and need contingency plans
- You are flexible and relaxed and have no issue with short-notice engagements and plans
- Stress management is your strong point. You are self-assured and don’t think about past actions
- You do buckle under stress, but this means you feel a wide variety of emotions and are very much a perfectionist
All of these points have been drawn from each of the identities you could be categorised as. As you can see, they are varied and widespread. This is what I love about you and everyone around us. We are all so very different and it is SO fascinating reading about how others work.
So now that you have a few ideas, remember these. Why? Because you can apply each of your strengths so your everyday life. For example, let’s say you buckle under pressure and stress like I do. On the face of it, this sounds negative. But notice how I added that you experience a range of emotions and you are very much a perfectionist.
We’re swinging a negative into a major positive. That is the key point to this. What you consider as your flaws actually make you special. Being a perfectionist can lead to negative impacts on your health but because you are aware of this now, you can swing it around into a positive. Most importantly you can learn to look after yourself.
To help drill this down even further I’ve left comments by each of the points above to help you see how this can be applied to everyday life:
- click You are willing to take up any challenge and have an abundance of energy – Unlike some personality traits, you thrive on competition. This gives you an edge that not everyone enjoys. Your high energy levels mean you can carry on without distractions
- source url You are proactive and thrive on experience rather than theory – Embracing the moment is not something all of us can do. You seek change and learn better by doing rather than reading. You have the ability to find issues before they become issues, leading to long-term success.
- http://www.accomacinn.com/?falos=was-sind-bin%C3%A4ren-optionen Your imagination allows you an abundance of theories and fantasies, so much so you feel detached to the world sometimes – This is not something to be taken lightly. You see situations and results that would be unimaginable to others and allows you to reply situations to find solutions quickly.
- source url Maybe you are enriched by objects, sounds and smells around you – Living in the present is a skill that not all of us have (I certainly don’t have this skill). You are able to see in clarity and need constant stimulation. You have energy that some of us dream of (me again).
- enter You can read between the lines very easily and require facts and figures to validate. Figures to you are like bread and butter. You don’t take fools lightly and this keeps you a step ahead of the rest. You are cautious, but a good kinda cautious (me haha).
- freizeit bekanntschaften berlin You have a very rational sense of being, relying on your head rather than heart – The problem with your heart is that you can’t rely on this 100%. Being very rational is like a sense of self-preservation and no one could blame you for that. You like to think logically and work through issues before making a decision.
- http://www.segway.fi/?kastoto=zulutrade-bin%C3%A4re-optionen&951=3b You are very much in tuned with your emotional side which makes you compassionate and likeable – people who can feel empathy towards others are loving people and is an invaluable skill. Not everyone is able to get in touch with other people’s feelings quite like you. You make a great friend and someone who can always be relied on.
- m6 rencontre You are always planning for the worst, but in your eyes, this is normal and need contingency plans – being someone who plans for the worst means that you don’t make decisions lightly. Contingency plans mean you make great managers as you can see issues from both sides of the argument. You are able to plan for both the best and the worst and are always pleasantly surprised when things go well (not that you should feel this way)
- http://www.mentzer-consult.de/?afinoes=bin%C3%A4re-optionen-steuererkl%C3%A4rung&995=c3 You are flexible and relaxed and have no issue with short-notice engagements and plans – Spontaeniality is your strong point and as such you thrive on last minute plans. You are opposite to those who plan for the worst and this is an endearing quality.
- dating a married military man Stress management is your strong point. You are self-assured and don’t think about past actions – You live very much in the moment and you are mostly unaffected by highly stressful environments. You are inherently confident and those around you feel comfortable.
- You do buckle under stress, but this means you feel a wide variety of emotions and are very much a perfectionist – although stress affects you hugely (me), you are likeable and lovable to everyone who comes across you. There are few people who do not like you because of this, and you always give 100% into everything you do.
All of the above lead me to my main point of this. Whatever quality you feel is bad, always has a good side to it.
Use each and every single part of your personality to your own advantage.
Play on your strengths. Use the points above to win people over and let people love you
Use your strong points to your advantage at work. There is no-one like you and you make a great member of a team
Although you may need alone time, help others like you. Use your strengths in your own endeavours and enjoy the satisfaction from this
Bear each of these three points above during every waking moment of your life. Remember your good qualities and apply them whenever you get the chance. There will be someone out there (whether you know it or not) that will benefit from you being around.
Phew. Well done for making it this far! That’s it for today. Stay tuned for next week!
Lots of love,